• 120g wheat flour
• 50g rye flour
• 100ml lukewarm water
• 10g yeast
• 1 tsp. ground coriander
• ½ tsp. SALDORO fine ancient salt
For the filling:
• 700g white onions
• 1 tsp. SALDORO fine ancient salt
• 1 tbsp. sugar
• 2 tsp. caraway seeds
• 150g sour cream
• 3 eggs (size M)
1. Peel the onions, halve and then cut them into thin rings (approx. 2mm thick). Mix them with the salt and sugar in a bowl and knead for approx. 5 minutes. Leave the onions to stand for 2 hours.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the water and then knead with the remaining ingredients for the dough. Leave to stand for approx. 1 hour.
3. Cut a suitable piece of baking paper to size and roll out the dough directly on the baking paper. This works particularly well if you sprinkle a little flour over the baking paper beforehand. Place the dough on the baking paper into a round baking dish (24-26cm in diameter).
4. Drain the onions and squeeze them out a little, then mix them with the remaining ingredients for the filling.
5. Pour the filling into the dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 60-70 minutes. The surface should be golden brown.
Tip: If you like your food especially hearty, add 100g of grated alpine cheese to the filling. Pairs well with a fresh green salad.