- 500 g flour + Mehl für Arbeitsfläche
- 1 Würfel yeast
- 3 EL sugar
- 2 EL chia seeds
- 1 1/2 TL SALDORO ancient salt fein
- 12 EL olive oil
- Espelette pepper (ersatzweise Chiliflocken)
- Baking paper
- For the dough, place the flour in a bowl, make a hole in the middle and crumble the yeast into it. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix with 80 ml of lukewarm water (300 ml in total) and leave to rise in a warm place for about 10 minutes.
- Knead the chia seeds, fine SALDORO ancient salt, remaining sugar, remaining water and 8 tbsp. of olive oil under the dough and let it rest for about another 60 minutes
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions for the breadsticks and roll out on a floured work surface into long, thin sticks, approx. 30 cm.
- Place the grissini on two baking trays covered with baking paper and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix the remaining oil, SALDORO ancient salt and Espelette pepper, brush grissini with mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 °C for about 30-35 minutes until golden brown.